What Is Shearling?
This may be a new name to you and you have not come across it at all in the past. Shearling is a skin from a recently shorn sheep or lamb that has been tanned and dressed in the wool left on.
On one side it has a suede surface while on the other side it has a clipped fur surface. The suede side is worn on the outside
Why Are They Perfect Choice For Babies And Kids Clothes/Items?
5 Reasons Why They Are Perfect For Kid’s Items
- They give babies and kids the much sought-after comfort; the same as from hugging their parents or snuggling to that favorite blanket in their crib. It will create that ideal snug and soothing cocoon-like environment to give your kid that safe, secure, and relaxed feeling
- The material has a tactical and supportive characteristic; that makes it so attractive to the kids and babies. They will love to use and enjoy their shearling stuff as they grow.
- It is perfect for making baby clothes; since it is ideal for temperature regulation, dirt-resistance, fire-resistance, and it is allergy-free.
- It has an aesthetic appeal; when added to a baby’s nursery, a child’s playroom or bedroom.
- Shearlings are easily portable; babies and kids are attached to some items that tend to comfort them always. As a mom, as you travel with your baby or kid, it is a necessity to pack that item. It will help in recreating a familiar environment. Are not bulky and they are easy to carry along.
You May Also Read; Best Baby Supplies List During First 30 Days
Ideas On How to Use It for Babies and Kids
I have highlighted some of the lovely ideas for different places you can use shearling for babies and kids.
Lovely Ideas For Shearling
Use Them For Soft Surfaces;
Where babies and kids can have their play and rest on. At various ages, children love the shearling’s silky and malleable texture. They will love to explore and rest upon it. Use it as a mat for their playroom. For the older kids use it as a soft surface for their reading and playing.
Use It To Add Some Decor To The Baby’s Nursery;
Add that natural tone in their nurseries using the shearling. Go for that more neutral colored nursery, or gender-specific one, using the shearling in diverse colors. I found the light cream and grey tones to fit well with most décor plans.
Use It For Additional Cushioning To The Nursing Chair;
Make yourself comfortable as you nurse them. Use the shearling to cushion the sit especially for the lengthy or the frequent night feeds. The shearling will give you an extra soft surface to sit on as you nurse them.
Make A Shearling Rug;
To serve as your kid’s nook for their favorite storybooks. On top of that shearling cushion, make a more welcoming reading nook to be placed at a corner in their rooms.
Use It For Teepee Flooring;
The shearlings placed on the floor in the little ones teepee tents provide a perfect hideaway as they play hide and seek. You may have come across these kid’s bedroom décor ideas while browsing Pinterest. They will show you how to use the shearling in the canvas teepee style play tent.
Use Shearling To Create A Rocking Sheep;
Practically one of the best ways to introduce a shearling in the lives of the little ones. It will provide them with a fun plaything, that rocking sheep. You can also opt to create a rocking horse from your shearling.
Related; Baby Theme Ideas For Him Or Her
If you still love the shearling feeling in your adult-hood, still you can get some items made from shearling and continue to enjoy the feeling.
You can know more on shearling and items you can buy right here