Definition Of A Crunchy Mom
What is a crunchy mom? Defined as a member of an increasingly growing group of moms who are neo-hippies. They tend to believe for various reasons that there is something bad or less beneficial about buying mainstream products or doing other common activities in a mainstream way.
Also Called Granola, Crunchy, Hippie, Natural Mama..
…Earth Mama,,, whatever the names they are so easy to identify out of the crowd. At times many such moms have been labeled so due to the mere use of baby cloth diapers rather than the latest diapers on their babies!
You may not even know what earns a mom the crunchy mom title, but in this title are the common signs for crunchy moms.
1. You Have A Chicken Coop At Your Backyard
Yet you are not a farmer at all! and you love you some chickenpox party, scoring raw milk is your perfect idea of having a thrill. Not to forget that you and your husband haven’t slept in your bed alone since your first child was born.
2. Your Kids Indicate The Need To Nurse In Broad Light
In full sentences, your children will ask for the breasts to suckle without any shame at all. Terms like EBF are cool with you and you tend to assume that all the people you use the terms to know their meaning.
In your wardrobe, your fashion style is mostly coordinated by wraps, slings, and other baby-wearing devices.
Whipping kale chips at the playgroup is cool for your kids while the other kids eat Oreos.
3. Some Really Good Placenta’ Recipes Is Your Expertise Field
Moms can visit you whenever they want to get some advice on the best diets that are gluten-free and Paleo too, After all, you are the expert and you know all the good recipes. It is cool with you to use cloth diapers on your babies, such that you know how to make them as well, and how to perfectly wash them.
Homeschooling is your thing for your kids.
You may also love to read on parenting humor for crunchy moms
4. Favorite Car Is Prius
Minivans have never been your thing and probably you have never admired to nave one at all in your entire life. In the washrooms, you use family cloth instead of toilet paper. Not to forget you got a composter and you regularly use it, on top of, not allowing any vaccine for your kids because you swore yours will never get any vaccine.
5. There’s Pretty Much Nothing You Cant Make
From that bug spray, other moms go for at the stores to the cleaning supplies granola, you can make at the comfort of your home and they will work just fine. Artificial stuff is not your thing at all.
A staunch belief in stuff like coconut oil and breast milk to cure almost any ailment, more importantly you use a menstrual cup!
And you don’t find it funny talking about transitioning your children into their own bed, even when they are at the age of going to school.
More Signs To Confirm This Include;
- Maybe you have had a home birth or you have considered having one.
- Discussed the pros of using baby cloth diapers with other moms or your partner.
- Co-sleeping is a way of life whether you chose it to be that way or not.
- Amber teething necklace is cool with you on your kid’s neck.
- The first thing you pay attention to as you pick food at the shelves is the ingredients list.
- As well as the baby care products you have to be keen on the ingredients list.
- Avoid processed sugar as much as you can on your kid’s first birthday, so you choose to make it from scratch.
- Babywearing is also an opportunity to be a fashion statement.
See more signs you can tell and know one is a crunchy mom in here.