What Is A Lollipop Camera?
A lollipop camera is a typical part of a family of video baby monitors that can be operated via Wi-Fi and using your phone or tablet as the main parent unit.
The lollipop camera is so unique and distinct and has gained a lot of popularity in the market.
The main question you may want answers for is whether it does function perfectly.
Our in-depth review of the lollipop baby monitor reviewed all for you in-depth leaving nothing unturned and to chance.
Our in-depth review of the lollipop baby camera reviewed all for you in-depth leaving nothing unturned and to chance.
Also See; Baby Shower Decor
Why the Name Lollipop Camera?
It acquired its unique and captivating name from its looks. The camera looks like a lollipop, especially with the distinctive tail it has that is made for mounting purposes.
The lollipop camera is manufactured in Taiwan. This will give you peace of mind if you tend to shop for goods based on their manufacturer’s country.
Key Features of The Lollipop Camera
It is distinct because of its two key characteristics
- Its look; the look is eye-intriguing and fun to look at too. It has perfect features for easy mounting.
- Its price; comes at a pocket-friendly price too.
What is In the Package’s Box?
It is a lot of fun unboxing your lollipop camera and in the package box you will find;
- The usual array of power cords,
- Power adaptor,
- 3 cord guards which are used to mount the lollipop camera on or near the baby’s crib. They prevent the cords from choking the baby once they grab them and they wrap around their necks. (Be alert on this!)
The Components Reviews
The Lollipop Camera
Also known as the child unit.
The camera is a 720Phd Camera that has a 1/3-inch 1.27-megapixel Sony IMX.225 CMOS sensor.
It has a speaker that allows you to speak to the baby as you calm them down remotely while attending to other chores in the house.
Lollipop Camera Positioning
The camera doesn’t need to be placed in a certain angle to function efficiently, Thanks to its relatively wide 128-degree field of vision. This gives you several viewing angles from the baby’s crib to the wall, as well as the bookshelf if you have any.
You will have that perfect view of your little ones at all times.
Related; Kid’s Bathroom
The Camera’s Image Quality
It has a good 720p HD image quality. For the more expensive cameras, the picture quality is much great compared to the lollipop. It does the work though and it will make you see you, baby, always.
Has 2 Night Vision Infra-red Settings
It has two different night vision infra-red settings. These depend on how far or close the monitor is to your baby. It will switch between the two automatically and you won’t have to worry about switching them manually to see you, baby.
How to Mount the Lollipop Camera
Your dormant creativity in anyone comes alive in doing this! The following are the five different ways to set the lollipop camera;
5 Different Ways to Set Up The Lollipop Camera;
- A crib mount; it attaches the lollipop camera by twisting it around the crib rail using the included cord guards.
- A bond mount; Use the plastic connecter that comes with the camera to wrap the tail around the crib with a bit more security.
- A surface mount; twist the tail into some kind of a stand to stand it up on a bookshelf or table.
- A wall mount; requires some screws in the wall. In the box, you will find some horns that the tail wraps around.
- A roll Mount; twist the tail around an object which is firm several times.
Which are the best mounts among the above-mentioned?
The crib and the bond mounts are the most dangerous because they might reach the baby especially if your baby is older than a few months
Wall mounts work pretty perfectly but they are permanent ones. The surface mount is hectic in that it doesn’t stand upright and keeps on falling. In theory, it sounds much better!
Roll mounting will also work well if you have an object to wrap it around. Use a sturdy table or a lampstand and move it close to the crib but don’t get the camera or the cords too close for comfort.
The Parent Unit
The Lollipop Baby Monitor App
Download it free on iOS App Store and Android Play Store. It is designed to be compatible with any device that has Bluetooth and at least iOS 9.0 or Android 4.4.
It will display the temperature, humidity, air quality as the camera has a sensor for all the conditions in the crib’s room.
You can use the app for music, volume, and other settings. It is easy to navigate through all those. It has decibel levels to be alerted on the different baby cries.
You can set the app to a privacy mode setting to prevent the recording of the streams and you can set the sensitivity levels for ambient noise. It will alert you when you need to be.
- Base; it is free for up to 7 days of event recording. Has all the above-mentioned alerts and capability to take snapshots.
- Advance; for $29.90/year or $2.99/month-same features as the base package but has 30 days of event recording.
- Premier; $59.90/per year or $9.99/month-same as the advance package, has 10 additional days of event recording that are 24/7 and you can download the videos.
- Elite; $119.90/year or $19.99/month-same as the elite package, but with 30 days of continuous recording instead of 10.
For an additional review on the lollipop camera and how to set it properly visit this link