Hosting any kids painting party is bound to be loads of fun as their friends come over. Since it gives them that perfect opportunity to get messy, bring to life the creativity that thrives and itches in them, and entertain themselves.
The kid’s painting party is perfect for that indoors period when the weather is unfavorable outdoors and they have to be stuck indoors all day long. This idea can also be done by the kids at any time of the year, including a hot summer afternoon.
While kids have attended several parties as they grow up, the adults get a chance too to enjoy the fun social activity. To plan the best one I have provided the guidelines on how to host a kids painting party in this article and it will be a walk in the park for you to come up with one.
Items Required To Host A Kids Painting Party
You need to acquire some items for the kids painting party to ensure all is perfect for their lifetime event. Such as;
- Choose washable fresh paints that are suitable for the kids.
- Paper plates for the paint.
- New paintbrushes.
- Canvases or high-quality paper that can be framed later once they are done with painting to remind them of the day. But ensure you go for the canvas, it excites them to create on a real canvas, especially if it’s their first time.
- Water for cleaning the brushes as they paint.
- Easels. They are hard to come by but ensure you get them in multiples as they will save you some money.
- For cleanup, get the paper towels.
- You can as well get them paint palettes from the stores.
- A knife to cut circles as thumb holes in the palettes.
Some DIY Crafts Ideas To Make The Painting Party More Fun
i. Get all the kids to paint at the same time by building a long easel ledge that can extend the full length of a table and support 11” by 14” canvases. Use bolts, dowels, and scrap 1 x 2 boards to assemble the easel.
Then…Get Down To Painting Business…
- Bring all the paintbrushes you can buy to the kid’s painting party because you can underestimate how many paintbrushes the kids will manage to use in the event.
- Help them as they paint, rinse their paintbrushes as a way to reduce the amount of cleanup you will have to do after the painting party is over. Keep the utensils from drying out with paint on the brushes.
- Choose a perfect theme for the kids painting party and encourage all the kids to paint based on the chosen theme. Another thing you can do is select a single, professional work of art and allow the kids to copy it in their own style.
For instance, give them a flower art as the theme and let them draw theirs.
More Helpful Tips On How To Host A Kid’s Painting Party
- Sketch using a pencil at first and allow the kids to paint following the theme you have set for them.
- Bring a hairdryer to the event to help blast the work periodically and expedite the paint dry time so the artwork colors can be layered without smudging together.
- Each kid should ensure that after they are done painting, they will put their names on the piece of canvas they were using to identify theirs later.
- at the end of the kid’s painting party, take a group photo to keep some beautiful memories of the good artwork they made on that day.
Examples Of Easy To Paint Kids Party Ideas
- Get the word to every kid you would love to attend your kid’s painting party. Email them.
- Spiff up the venue of the painting party with balloons, banners, white paper cups, treat bags and more.
- When all is set up, get ready, set, and paint.
- Create collages with the kids if it excites all.
- Play an artsy game.
- Decorate dessert.
- Give a good bag.
Read more tips on how to host kid’s painting party here.