Is It Bad To Buy Second-hand Clothes For Kids?
Many people will attest to the fact that the largest polluter of our planet Earth after the oil sector is fashion! When you get a newborn it feels like everything should be brand new. It is not bad at all at times to buy some second hand kids clothes.
[Related; Best Baby Supplies List During First 30 Days]
I have posted some of my tips for buying second-hand kid’s clothes in this article for you to consider on your next trip to get clothes for your kid. On top of, the perfect places you can find them.
Tips To Consider On Buying Second Hands Kid’s Clothes
Second-hand clothes are a good way to have a budget-friendly shopping for your kid’s items, more so, to your growing kid’s clothes’ wardrobe.
5 Must-Consider Tips
- Only buy quality second-hand clothes brands; they are made in a better way and clothing and they will last for long.
- Check for any signs of significant wear; any sign of fading, piling, worn seams, or thread-torn spots, are enough to leave any clothes you had chosen.
- Look over all clothes near a bright window before you purchase; check them against good lighting, to see the faint stains or any form of wear which may not be possible in dark stores.
- Ask if the store you are shopping in has any sort of credit; because some shops will give credit for any clothes your clothes your kid can’t fit in no more. Some may also give you clothes for free and you won’t spend any.
Read more: What Is The Baby Jumper Age Limit?
Reasons Why Moms Buy Second Hand Clothes For Their Kids
- The second-hand clothes for kids are easy to get, can save a mom a lot of money that they would have spent on buying new ones.
- Moms get a chance to support various charities around the world by buying from charity shops.
- If bought from Facebook or eBay, it is a good way to help the moms to afford the next set of clothes they need for their children.
- Provides support to small businesses especially the ones found on eBay and Facebook.
- Avails a platform to get cheap prices you can afford when brand due to their exorbitant price.
- For less money, you get the best quality clothing which lasts much longer for less too.
- Second-hand clothes save moms a lot of money by buying the clothes in bundles.
- Outfits that are to be worn once can be found at the cheapest price by buying second-hand clothes for kids, such as a Halloween costume or wedding gown.
Tips For Buying Kid’s Second-Hand Clothes From;
- Buy loads of clothes because you will need everything, especially vests, nappies, sick burps, and more.
- Baby items at the charity shop are in perfect condition; most of the clothes in charity shops have barely been worn.
- Brands for babies are to be found in a more affluent area. Especially if you are looking for a particular brand for your kid, they tend to be donated than being sold online.
- Inspection is always necessary; for quality, damage, or any stains before the purchase, and make sure you wash them once you get home.
- Pick several sizes for your kid; since kids grow fast and the charity shop may offer some credit too.
- Get extra value for your money by buying them in bundles for your kid.
- No matter how cute the clothes look, don’t ever bid more than an item was brand new. Stay away from the temptation to be carried.
- eBay sellers will list their items on Sunday afternoon when most of their clientele are online; to bid take the opportunity and advantage of logging in at that time. You can set a reminder on your phone for last minutes bidding on any item.
- Eliminate or bid as you browse for it will make it easy for you by comparing the items.
- Money is saved for postage whenever you see something you love and view other items by a particular seller