Ideal Finger Painting Ideas
Every child loves some good, old-fashioned, messy, squishy, colorful finger painting because it completes them. These finger painting ideas for toddlers are perfect for them more so when the weather is not that favorable. Imagine some finger painting indoors as the winter hits during the school holidays.
Below are some of the perfect finger painting ideas for toddlers that they can love painting with you. The paint will wash away once they are done but the fond memories will stick.
Let Get Extra Messy For A Day!
If the toddlers are ready for a messy day I have got you fully sorted. Find some ways to make the adventure less messy too for each activity by doing the following.
How To Reduce The Cringes And Make It Less Messy
- Get a plastic table cloth from the paintings set or take the painting event outdoors.
- Add some dish soap to the paint; it will wash off easily as you clean after.
- Bring some wine to the event for the adults; some glasses of wine to enjoy the paint mess more won’t hurt and it will not be a big deal at all ta the end of the day.
Now Let Us Get Down To Finger Painting Ideas For The Toddlers.
Examples Of Finger Painting Ideas For The Toddlers
1. Finger Paint A Large-sized Cardboard Box
Warning! This should all be done outdoors to get perfect space for spreading the cardboard and splashing the paint all over it. Although, you could spread some tarp inside for the same idea.
Let the wild side of the kids come alive in them. Once it dries it would be a perfect plaything for the children to use.
2. Added Extras Finger Painting
Some additional materials for the finger painting event and the kid’s art crafts will be a good idea to include. You give them a perfect chance to explore different textures and designs.
3. Tape Resist Letters With Homemade Finger Paint
Homemade finger paint that you can give the kids to use for this will be safe as they are bound to be tempted to put some in their mouth. As they explore the paint help them on how to make some awesome initial paint art.
6. Van Gogh Finger-Paint Printing
Love every bit of this idea with the toddlers as you finger paint. The name of the painting idea comes from the person who inspired its name Van Goghs of the ‘starry night’.
7. Kool-Aid Finger Painting Homemade Recipe Idea
Just aa few ingredients are needed for this finger painting idea with the toddlers, the advantage that comes with this package is that it has a nice scent for the young painters. Give them the paint and let their creativity come alive by painting whatever they want.
8. Frozen Finger Painting
Adding some unique sensory aspect to the finger painting will definitely amaze the young painters. Do this by freezing the paints some days prior to the painting event.
7. Painting On The Light Table
The effects of a lights table will add some thrill to the kids as they paint. Using wax paper for the painting idea will make cleaning after much easier.
8. Bubble Wrap Finger Painting
A combination of painting and bubble wrapping that is bound to be exciting as well as an engaging art activity for the kids.
9. Mirror Painting
Kids will have a perfect perspective that they can only gain by painting on mirrors rather than paper.
10. Sticker Resist Finger Painting
Boost their motor skills by peeling and adding stickers before that big finger painting session.
11. Mess Free Finger Painting
This idea is cool and perfect for the toddlers who are not so much interested in getting their fingers messy but still want to be part of the awesome fun.
12. Flower Craft Finger Painting
Turn the toddler’s tiny fingerprints into flowers to decorate the windows.
13. Paper Weights Finger Painting Idea
One of the perfect and sweet gifts the toddlers can make for family and friends.
Other Finger painting ideas for toddlers include;
- Fingers tap painting with kids.
- Sense of touch reverse finger painting.
- Scented edible no-cook recipe.
- Monet Craft for kids.
- Tummy time finger painting sensory play.
- Jello finger paints recipe.
- Fingerprint matching activity.
Some messy day but full of long-lasting memories from the fun you will have with the toddler’s finger painting the whole day.
See more finger painting ideas for toddlers here.