The salary and compensation for every surrogacy case are diverse and entails many factors that can affect the overall amount. How much do surrogates make? To perfectly answer this question, the average amount of compensation that includes expenses can range from $50,000 to $80,000.
This depends on factors such as experience and individual arrangements. In states such as California where surrogates are in high demand, the surrogates get a much higher pay. Other factors to consider include the legal requirements that vary from state to state
How Much Can I Make As A Surrogate?
If hired as a surrogate to carry and deliver a baby, find out how much you can make from the pregnancy as highlighted in this article. It has covered all the details.
Why Choose A Surrogate?
Many women deal with infertility and cannot conceive. This is despite having regular unprotected sex. Thus, being forced to seek out alternatives to get a baby. For instance, they may go for intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in-vitro fertilization (IVF). But these are only available for those who can conceive.
Some women may not conceive because of:
- Uterus is damaged or nonexistent.
- Embryos won’t implant in the uterus, despite attempting natural conception and IVF.
- It is a high-risk endeavor to try to get pregnant because of existing medical conditions
In such cases, the only option left is to seek a perfect surrogate and hire them to carry and deliver your baby.
What Is Involved In The Entire process of Surrogacy?
Prospective parents may ask their friends or family members to step up as their surrogates through the help of a gestational carrier agency. These agencies will require the women to take complete and extensive medical and psychological examinations before they accept them as surrogates
Costs Of Gestational Surrogacy
Surrogacy involves a lot of costs as it is a long journey, this said, the costs may vary for different individuals. They break the costs down as we have highlighted below;
- Surrogate mother compensation; approximately $45,000.
- Insurance; $15,000 to $20,000, which depends on policies.
- Professional agency fees; $50,000, plus or minus $5,000 – $ 10, 000. This depends on the type of program and the surrogacy agency used. Which entails legal work, social work, accounting work, and program coordination over the 16 to 21 months’ time.
- Medical care and IVF procedure; $7,000 – $12,000 for instance if the couple is using their embryo. But, it costs approximately $30,000 – $35,000 if they must create an embryo for them.
- Egg donor; $20,000 – $25,000 if they cant use the mother’s eggs.
Approximatitely How Much Do Surrogates Make?
It would cost a couple approximately $140,000 – $150, 000 for a couple creating embryos, considering the surrogate mother gets pregnant on her first round of IVF treatment.
You may also like; Parenting advice tips for parents
How Much Do The Surrogate Mother Make?
The surrogacy compensation falls approximately around $45,000. The exact amount of payment will depend on factors such as geographic location, surrogate experience and insurance.
- Geographic location; some states have a higher demand for surrogates on top of the better statute in place to do the legal work for surrogacy. For these reasons, California ranks as the highest-paying state for surrogates.
- Surrogates experience; the overall experienced ones tend to demand a slightly higher fee, which can be $5,000 more.
- Insurance; when surrogate mother has health insurance and it covers maternity care. She typically gets paid more.
In addition to these the surrogate mother may charge for;
- The contingency fee for certain birthing scenarios, for instance for having a C-section, she will ask for extra money, carrying twins, and undergoing procedures such as amniocentesis.
The contingency fee conditions should be highlighted in the surrogacy contract.
- Other-related expenses; pregnancy necessities, such as maternity clothes, prenatal vitamins, travel expenses, childcare, and counseling. These can be allocated by the couple in the contract rather than receive receipts now and then.
When Do They Receive Their Pay?
Their payments are wired on a monthly basis throughout their pregnancy. The surrogates take the total payment and divide it by nine months. More importantly, the contingency fees can be settled after delivery.
Get all the costs involved in Surrogacy by reading the additional details in here.