Catholics On Saint Names For Confirmation Male
It has been a tradition for the catholic families to give saint names to their male kids for confirmation. Actually it was mandatory to give saint names for confirmation to their male kids. John and Mary were the top most used names for confirmation for many years in the United States of America
Of late even people who are not that religious have adopted the tradition of taking saint names for confirmation for their male kids.
This post highlights the 100+ saint names for confirmation for your male kid you can choose from, this will make the task easy for catholic families as well as anyone interested in such names.
What Is The Best Saint Name For Confirmation For My Son?
Examples Of 100+ Saint Names Or Confirmation Male
- Aaron (Meaning: The exalted one)
- Adam (Meaning: The one made)
- Amos (Meaning: Brave)
- Augustine (Meaning: Of Augustus)
- Barnabas (Meaning: Son of consolation)
- Benedict (Meaning: Blessed)
- Benjamin (Meaning: Favorite son)
- Caleb (Meaning: Bold)
- Charles (Meaning: Man)
- Christopher (Meaning: Christ bearer)
- Curtis (Meaning: Courteous)
- Daniel (Meaning: The Lord is judge)
- Dominic (Meaning: The Lord’s)
- David (Meaning: Beloved)
- Eamon (Meaning: Happy protection)
- Emmanuel/Immanuel (Meaning: God with us)
- Ezra (Meaning: Help)
- Frederick (Meaning: Peaceful ruler)
- Gabriel (Meaning: God’s strength)
- Gerard (Meaning: Strong spear)
- Gregory (Meaning: Watchman)
- Hector (Meaning: Holding fast)
- Homer (Meaning: Hostage)
- Hugo (Meaning: Thought)
- Ian (Meaning: Merry)
You May Also Like; Lollipop Camera Review And Set-up
Your Son Will Love These Names Too
- Isaac (Meaning: Laughter)
- Jacob (Meaning: Seizing by the heel)
- James (Meaning: Supplanter)
- Jeremiah (Meaning: The Lord loosens)
- Jesse (Meaning: Strong)
- John (Meaning: God has mercy)
- Jonathan (Meaning: God gave)
- Joseph (Meaning: Increase)
- Joshua (Meaning: Help of Jehovah)
- Jude (Meaning: Praised)
- Julius (Meaning: Just)
- Kilian (Meaning: Church)
- Leo (Meaning: Lion)
- Lewis (Meaning: Famous war)
- Luke (Meaning: Light)
- Mark (Meaning: God of war)
- Matthew (Meaning: The Lord’s gift)
- Michael (Meaning: Who is like God?)
- Nathaniel (Meaning: Gift of God)
- Nicholas (Meaning: People’s victory)
- Paul (Meaning: Little)
- Peter (Meaning: Rock)
- Samuel (Meaning: Name of God)
- Simon (Meaning: Obedient)
- Zachariah (Meaning: God remembers)
- Lorenzo (Meaning: Lawrence in Spanish)
- Matteo (Meaning: Mathew in Italian)
- Antonio (Meaning: Anthony in Spanish)
Also Read; 100+ Saint Names For Confirmation Ideas
More Saint Names For Confirmation Male And The Saint’s Description
Saint Vincent of Lerins was a 5th century monk and an early Christian writer. The meaning of Vincent is ‘conqueror’.
This unusual name may belong to a girl, but is associated a medieval male saint. It means ‘good’.
St. Francis Xavier was one of the co-founders of the Society of Jesus. The meaning of Xavier is ‘new house’.
St. Crispin is one of the Christian patron saints of tanners, curriers, cobblers, and leather works.
Bernadine was an Italian priest, a Catholic saint and Franciscan missionary.
St. Andrew, one of the apostles of Christ preached in Greece and Asia Manor after the execution of ‘son of God’.
Your Boy Will Love Any Of The Following Too
St. Anthony was the first person to establish the religious life in Christianity.
St. Cyril was a Byzantine Christian theologian who influenced the cultural development of Slavs.
Pelagio is a Christian saint who is believed to have received visions of the Virgin Mary.
St. Isaac the Confessor, the founder of the Dalmatian Monastery was a Christian monk, saint and confessor.
Apollo is the name of the Egyptian Christian who lived in the desert as a hermit.
St. Blaise was the 4th-century physician, who later became the bishop of Sebastea.
If you want an ‘o’ ending name for your son, go with Ivo, the 13th-century lawyer turned saint.
We’re referring to Saint Abel, the Bishop of Reims. His name means ‘breath’.
There are several saints with this name, but the most prominent is Cyprian of Carthage, the Catholic saint.
This solemn name is associated with the 12th century saint of Canterbury. It means ‘with divine protection’.
St. Bardo was the 11th century bishop in Mainz, Germany.
Barnabas is the name of one of the earliest Christian disciples. His name means ‘son of consolation’.
The history of this name includes several catholic saints. Basil means ‘regal’.
This saint name has a sophisticated and sleek image. It means ‘speckled’.
Cornelius is the name of the 3rd century saint and pope in the New Testament. His name means ‘horn’.
Damian: There are several saints of this name, including the one renowned as a healer.