Grief is vast like an ocean it will come to you like ocean waves ebbing and flowing. At times you may find life so calm, and on other days it becomes rocky/overwhelming. All we can do is to learn how to swim by reading bereaved mothers day quotes and messages to uplift us when the going gets tough.
My Dedication To All Bereaved Mothers
“This article is dedicated to each and every mother who lives without their precious baby, secondly to all mothers who have no living children. To all moms who long to be mothers, more importantly, we see you and we honor your motherhood. Don’t ever forget that you are beautiful, a very beautiful mom, flaunt yourself before that mirror, and appreciate beautiful you.
Fellow bereaved mom.
A Typical Mothers Day For Bereaved Moms
Mother’s day is a beautiful and wonderful day to be celebrated by everyone especially the women. A day that was chosen specifically to celebrate, honor, and love our mothers and extend this motherly love to all.
But for those moms who their children are long gone, the day is filled with fear, sorrow, and some insatiable longing to embrace them one more time in their hands. To them, it is a day they mark with a visceral ache that spills from their hearts to the deepest parts of their bones.
Punctuated by an ever-lingering hollowness in their hearts, in their lives, in a deep and a vast manner, that can’t be filled by no one or anything.
Their arms are empty, yet all they wish for is to hold their children once more and long for that lost fullness.
What We Long For On Mother’s Day
On this day we just cry and long to be recognized and honored for our motherhood. For all our children, both in heaven or on earth, to be remembered as mothers. Celebrated, more importantly for someone to scream from the rooftops or to quietly whisper in silence to us;’ yes, you are still a mother!!!’
Many would see this as a simple request, something that we surely all want, and someone will gift it to us.
Yet year after year, on mother’s day that seems so special, we feel left out! We feel left out of the church sermons in church, out of loads of flowers and chocolates, and more importantly out of the mother’s day wishes.
What about including us in those conversations, celebrations of motherhood, for instance, mention us in the happy mother’s day in your social media posts.
You may also read; Grieving stages of divorce; How to overcome
Quotes Bereaved Mother’ Day Quotes And Messages
- ‘Knowing our motherhood and our children won’t be recognized does not make it one ounce more bearable, at all. In fact, it makes the anticipation of and the day itself, filled with fear’
- ‘The thought of celebrating mother’s day feels impossible and surviving it is generally the goal, but even that feels like a lofty one. To us, mother’s day landmines are too many to count’
- ‘For some, staying in bed with the covers overhead until the day passes is the most reasonable solution’.
- ‘Having your motherhood ignored on a daily basis is torture; but on mother’s day, the one day of the year all mothers should be celebrated, honored, and recognized? There aren’t words for ache, for the pain of being forgotten, for the fear of knowing you will’.
- Unfortunately, most people don’t remember every year. Most people don’t remember I ever had a son. Even though it had only been a few short months since he had walked away from the earth beside me.
Most People Have Forgotten
that I used to be a mother to him and still a mother to this day. Ironically, on a day that was basically founded by bereaved mothers themselves.
- All I wanted on my first mother’s day after my baby’s death was simply for someone to remember them, more so for someone to remember that I was a mother, with a capital M. To have both my motherhood and my baby acknowledged was the only gift I ever wanted and need every other year.
For anyone to kindly say, ‘yes, you are still a mother’, for someone to say, ‘I see you. I love you. You are an amazing mother to your precious baby.’
- ‘No, you are still a mother’, the world’s message was clear and loud to me and it will continue to be every other day.
My Final Word Grieving Mothers
Every grieving and bereaved mom out there, although your heart is aching and hurting, your arms are empty, what is more, important is that you are still a mother. Always and always you will be. Forever you share a strong bond with your gone baby, just like motherhood is forever, more importantly, no one can snatch this away from you.
Not Today, Not On Mother’s Day, Not Ever.
Your child’s most precious mother, and it is forever
Even though heaven and earth separates you from each other and the world may say otherwise!
Signed with love,
A bereaved mother.
See more mother’s day quotes and messages for bereaved moms in here.